(as of July 31, 2018)
The nature of the service is one where privacy is a must. The items below will help you understand the data we collect, access, and store on your behalf as you use this service.
What We Collect
- Identifying Data – PrayerTracker stores the first and last names, e-mail addresses, and hashed passwords of all authorized users. Users are also associated with one or more small groups.
- User Provided Data – PrayerTracker stores the text of prayer requests. It also stores names and e-mail addresses of small group members, and plain-text passwords for small groups with password-protected lists.
How Your Data Is Accessed / Secured
- While you are signed in, PrayerTracker utilizes a session cookie, and transmits that cookie to the server to establish your identity. If you utilize the “Remember Me” box on sign in, a second cookie is stored, and transmitted to establish a session; this cookie is removed by clicking the “Log Off” link. Both of these cookies are encrypted, both in your browser and in transit. Finally, a third cookie is used to maintain your currently selected language, so that this selection is maintained across browser sessions.
- Data for your small group is returned to you, as required, to display and edit. PrayerTracker also sends e-mails on behalf of the configured owner of a small group; these e-mails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org, with the “Reply To” header set to the configured owner of the small group. Distinct e-mails are sent to each user, as to not disclose the other recipients. On the server, all data is stored in a controlled-access database.
- Your data is backed up, along with other Bit Badger Solutions hosted systems, in a rolling manner; backups are preserved for the prior 7 days, and backups from the 1st and 15th are preserved for 3 months. These backups are stored in a private cloud data repository.
- Access to servers and backups is strictly controlled and monitored for unauthorized access attempts.
Removing Your Data
At any time, you may choose to discontinue using PrayerTracker; just e-mail Daniel, as you did to register, and request deletion of your small group.